Cresent Classics Collections Features & Benefits
While there are four distinct styles within the Cresent Classics ranges—American Classics, Casual Living, Modern Shaker, and Modern Traditional—what ties them all together as “Cresent Classics” are three defining points that reflect what Cresent Fine Furniture strives for as a company:
It is these three elements that make Cresent Classics what it is—unique furniture that offers a combination of factors not found in the marketplace today. For more information, click here for a video presentation on Cresent Classics features.
All the Cresent Classics collections utilize solid North American hardwoods, such as Cherry, Maple, and Poplar, for exterior construction. We only use exposed veneers when the benefits of dimensionally-stable products outweighs the use of solid wood—the primary example of this is inset panels in doors, case ends, and bed panels.
Traditional Construction Techniques
The Cresent Classics collections share the highest quality traditional joinery techniques that have been proven over hundreds of years of solid wood manufacturing, including
- Mortise and Tenon and Doweled Joinery
- Corner Blocks and Interior Bracing
- Full Floating Construction allowing the solid wood panels to “breathe” and move without compromising stability
- Fully wood-framed dustproofing between drawer
- English dovetailed solid wood drawer boxes, sanded to a smooth finish
- Fitted case backs attached with screws, not staples
For more information about our construction techniques and the benefits of solid wood, please click here.
Innovative Modern Conveniences
While we pride ourselves on the highest-quality solid wood construction techniques outlined above, Cresent Classics does not stop there. We bring these historical practices into the modern world by combining them with innovative features designed for today’s living, including:
Cresent Classics is at the forefront of Cresent’s efforts at making our business model more sustainable and focused on reducing our impact. Among the key points of the Cresent Classics sustainability model—some of which are being rolled out to the rest of our collections—are
- The use of responsibly harvested North American solid hardwoods such as Cherry, Maple and Poplar for exterior construction,
- Using solid rubberwood (a reusable byproduct of the latex industry) for interior parts,
- Where we use veneers, we specify CARB-compliant low formaldehyde MDF substrates, and
- Using Low-HAP and Low-VOC coatings and glues.
For more information on our overall sustainability efforts, including the Sustainable Furnishing Council, please click here.